Marcin was born in Warsaw and has lived here all his life. He graduated from Warsaw University; M.Sc. in Political Science (defended master’s thesis devoted to presidential election in USA in 2000). Marcin is a happy husband and proud father of two fantastic boys (Mikołaj - 15 and Juliusz - 11 years old). In the beginning of his professional career he was associated with tourism (working as a tour guide and tour leader in Greece, UK, Italy, China), than 8 years working in the field of culture (in the National Science Centre). From 2008 he is working in the IIMCB in the Grants Office.
His main job responsibilities are:
- As a Deputy Head of Unit responsible for supporting Head of Unit in managing GO – duties and personnel.
- As a Projects Manager - administrative and financial support of6 and 7 of the EU Framework Program and H2020 projects (at the present the Financial Manager of the ERA Chairs project);
- NCBR and NCN projects
- Structural Funds (POIG - actions 2.3, 1.2);
- international projects: Wellcome Trust, HHMI, EMBO, NIH; Polish-Swiss Research Program;
Main activities in this field are focused on: project management/implementation, keeping all required deadlines, reporting including payment requests, audit and internal control - ongoing monitoring of expenditure incurred in relation to their eligibility and budget allocation; co-operation with Accounting, Human Resources and Tender Units.
Marcin's hobbies are:
- numismatic (as his says: especially German coins of XIX century but all coins are interesting)
- sightseeing (official license of tour leader given by Masovian Voivodship Office)
- trekking in the mountains (especially Bieszczady mountains).