Open competition for a Group Leader position at IIMCB in Warsaw
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw is searching for a Group Leader, an excellent mid-career investigator with a PhD degree, outstanding and transformative research accomplishments and demonstrated leadership experience. The successful candidate should be conducting high-level research that would expand and build on the existing strengths of the Institute in the fields of intracellular trafficking, mTOR pathways, calcium and iron homeostasis, DNA repair and modification, RNA structure-function relationships, and gene regulation during embryonic development. Moreover, he/she is also expected to develop new research ideas and provide intellectual leadership in building the IIMCB renown on the international scene.
• Group Leader position on an initially 5-year appointment
• Research independence
• Highly competitive salaries for the PI and his/her team members
• Start-up funds
• Unlimited access to cutting-edge equipment
• Support in applications for additional grant funding
• Full technical, administrative and organizational
Applications should include:
• a cover letter explaining reasons for the application
• a Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications and grants
• a statement of scientific achievements (up to 1 page)
• a summary of the applicant’s future research plans (2 pages)
• contact details of two academic reference persons
• copies of three most important papers
The deadline for applications is October 31st, 2018.
The position is funded through the H2020 ERA Chairs project recently obtained by IIMCB.
The job offer is available at: https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/new-jobs-positions/147-era-chairs-group-leader-position