We're hiring: Research Specialist MOSaIC
Research Specialist position in the Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group (Research Specialist MOSaIC)
The Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Professor Andrzej Dziembowski, is looking for a Research Specialist.
Laboratory interest: Research of the Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group, focuses on the regulation of gene expression at the posttranscriptional level. We are currently studying RNA biology at the organismal level using transgenic mouse lines as a main research model. More info can be found at: https://bit.ly/3hLRu6X
As a Research Specialist, you will be responsible for the coordination and establishment of mouse primary cell cultures for the laboratory. In the future, a successful candidate may develop into a core facility for the entire institute
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds MSc or PhD (preferably) degree in biological sciences or a related discipline)
- Has extensive experience in mammalian primary cell cultures.
- Has experience in flow cytometry will be a benefit
- Has experience in advanced cell cultures (e.g., 3D cultures, patient-derived human disease models) would be an asset
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team
- Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing
- Is commitment, reliability, accuracy and timeliness in the implementation of tasks
- Has analytical and forward thinking skills
- Scientific track record
- Suitability for the project
- Motivation letter
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research Strategy https://bit.ly/3xQ90fX
- Full employment contract
- Gross monthly salary will depend on the experience of the candidates (starting from 7000 PLN)
- Benefits include a reduced rate for an individual medical care package and membership in the MultiSport program
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
- Participation in international conferences
The deadline for applications is January 31st, 2022. The job starting date is May 15th, 2021 (or as soon as possible after this date).
How to apply:
- In the subject include "LRB Research Specialist MOSaIC" and your first and last name
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter with description of your key achievements, and contact details (e-mail and telephone number) of at least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisor.
- Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/2QWu83X
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
This recruitment is supported by the MOSaIC project funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement no 810425.